Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Wrap Up

I see just about every holiday as a reason to decorate the mantel and  make a nice meal.  I shared my Valentine's Day mantel previously and last night we had: 
 
This was my second time making the mashed potatoes and just like the first, they did not disappoint.  Using the immersion blender makes them oh so creamy!
 
Ina Garten is one of my favorites and my adaptation of her roasted vegetables is a special meal staple. This is such a healthy, delicious, and easy side dish!       

The chicken is great because it can essentially be made the night before. I added some fresh minced garlic to the marinade before dunking the chicken thighs and drumsticks. I will definitely add garlic every time I make this recipe. 
 
The only wild card of the meal was the bourbon pecan pie brownies. I had never made them before. Due to some time limitations, as well as scarce oven space, I made them beforehand from a box.  I also didn't have any brown rice syrup, but did have some Karo syrup to use as a substitute. I think the metal pan I baked them in was a bit too large, as the brownies and topping were a little thinner than I would have liked. This decadent recipe is still worth keeping and making again in a different vessel! 
 
I made the table runner over the weekend and used some glasses and dishes that aren't a part of our every day rotation. The red flowers were to me from the hubs.  The white flowers were to me from me.
Valentine Table Setting Valentine Table Setting Close Up
 
Valentines Day Flowers
 
It was a really nice evening at home. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day that filled and warmed not only your hearts, but also your stomachs! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment