Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mantel 317

St Patrick's Day is around the corner!  It was time to get my mantel ready.




Dollar Store Craft

My framed An Irish Blessing is an oldie but a goodie.  I made it years ago.  I just typed the blessing in Word, printed it on resume pepper, colored the shamrocks, and popped it into a Dollar Store frame.

Dollar Store Craft
 A Wish for a Friend was made with the same method as An Irish Blessing.  The shamrock is new this year.  I started out by gluing a page from an old book to a piece of matte board.  Then I just hot glued three heart shaped pieces of felt, along with a piece of crafting wire, to the board.  I dropped it into a frame I already had.  I removed the glass, as I thought you could appreciate the texture of the felt and wire more without it. 


I had some bad luck crafting what I thought would be a great addition for this mantel. 



I thought adding three horseshoes to stained wooden plaques would be a nice addition.  What's St Pat's without some horseshoes?  They looked too grandparenty.  It was a major fail.  Oh well. 

I did manage to slip in one horseshoe. 








1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this! Im sure I dont need to tell you 317 is my favorite holiday too! I also loved how you kept the wreath for continuity! Another great post from a gold winner! :)

    ReplyDelete