Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Mantel

Spring Mantel 
This time last year we were lamenting how we didn't have much of a winter.  Of course, this year we are wondering when will we be rid of the snow once and for all.  I guess that's always the way, huh?



Perhaps that is some of the inspiration for this year's Easter mantel...  I don't think I've ever incorporated this many plants in a mantel.  I think I really wanted to see some green, life, and growth indoors since there sure isn't much outdoors.
Spring Mantel Spring Mantel







The button Easter egg is also a new addition this year.  I was inspired by this I found on Pintrest.  It was also a craft I could make using materials I already have.  My original vision was to make the egg pink, but when I saw the pink with the blue frame, I was reminded that sometimes pink and blue is not my favorite color combination. 
 



I've made the eggs over the years. Those in the little egg cups are just modge podged tissue paper.  The blue and brown speckled eggs I made last year for our Easter dinner centerpiece.  I just painted them with acrylic paint and remain quite pleased with how they turned out. 



Spring Mantel


The embroidered Home Sweet Home was made by my grandmother Nellie.  It brings back fond memories of visiting her and my granddad in North Carolina. 






Spring Mantel

When I was in college, I worked as a cashier at a mom and pop grocery store.  One day a much older gentleman bought an Easter Lily.  He told me, "I've been buying my wife one of these for 50 years.  I can't stop now!"  Whenever I buy myself one, I think of him.


I just can't wait to welcome spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment